MySQL 4

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Oct 8 03:52:53 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Ken Snider <ksnider at flarn.com> said:
> >Most code I write I put under the GPL, but that's me.  We have customers
> >that write their own code (or pay someone to write code for them) that
> >may not want to do that.
>
> And these people are *distributing binaries* linked against these libraries?

Well, not binaries necessarily, but I do know of at least a couple that
have written perl code that uses MySQL that they then distribute (not
under an Open Source license AFAIK).  From what I understand that is
something of a gray area (since the "linking" takes place at run time
well after distribution).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>