After rebooting FCt2 /etcfstab is restored

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Oct 10 17:52:03 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 10:44:48PM +0600, Alor wrote:
> After rebooting system any corrections in /etc/fstab are avoid.
> And I must correct fstab every booting.
> I insert iocharset parameter in some lines.

You have problems because authors of 'hal' (I think that this is
'hal' but a startup interplay is getting more complicated and I am
not sure anymore what is messing with what) got into a deep funk and
imagine that they know better than you what should be in your fstab
and are overwriting it on every boot.  Until we will get back a
control over what may or may not be modified in /etc/fstab various
aspects of that will be always totally busted; sometimes in very
dangerous and surprising ways.

File a bug in bugzilla.  Complaining on this list has a very
limited impact.

   Michal