Nautilus has gone gaga

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sun Oct 10 19:04:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 14:57, Paul wrote:

[snip]

> It was either gnome-vfs2 or udev. I replaced both, did a couple of syncs
> and rebooted. Everything (other than sound) is working happily now.

  A bit off the thread topic, but I find this curious, especially since
I've seen a few posts mentioning this.  Why bother with doing syncs?  I
thought that was largely a relic of the past.  Or at the very least, not
necessary at all when doing a clean reboot.  In fact, other than using
the -n switch on halt, poweroff, or reboot, I can't think of *any* other
reason to use sync manually at the command line.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator