Fedora Core 3 Test 3 available

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 01:25:52 UTC 2004

Hi,

 --- seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> > I agree fully with you, which leads me to a very
> disturbing conclusion
> > that there is a major fault in at least the latest
> version of
> > BitTorrent.  Having encountered some unknown error
> and ignored it,
> > BitTorrent is not correctly detecting that some
> kind of error occurred,
> > and is representing the incorrectly finished
> download as ok, and maybe
> > much worse, is presenting this bad download for
> upload by other parties.
> >
> > That seems like such a fundamental trio of errors
> that I'm having some
> > difficulty understanding why this trainwreck of a
> programme is being
> > used.  I certainly will not be able trust it
> again.
> >
> > Is there a workaround, maybe using an earlier
> version of BitTorrent?
>
> What version of the bittorrent client are you using?
>
> I know the tracker is running just fine and others
> are able to download
> it correctly.

I'd also suggest using another BitTorrent client, like
Azureus or ABC (both available for free on
Sourcforge).

I've used the "native" BitTorrent client released by
the BitTorrent author, but found it left alot to be
desired.

Clients like the 2 above I've mentioned are of high
quality.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com