sata_nv is in devel 10/13 boot.iso

matt whiteley mattwhiteley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:51:14 UTC 2004

Robert, Neil, Carlos and others looking into this issue. I have
downloaded and confirmed that sata_nv.ko is in the 10/13 devel
boot.iso. Also all of the required lines are in module-info, pci.ids,
modules.pcimap and module.dep.

It seems to be working fine to boot from. If you have the means to do
a nfs or http install this will work fine. Just rsync the devel tree
and install from it. Since fc3t3 yum points at devel for updates it is
just like an updated version of fc3t3.

You can expand the isos to a directory to save on download time. I
would use the '--delete' option on rsync but be sure of your local
directory when you do. The trailing slashes in rsync are important.

rsync -av fedora.cat.pdx.edu::fedora-linux-core-development/x86_64/ /local/dir/

No one seems to be hitting our mirror much since I turned on rsync so
that will be fast for you :)

I was able to install from this devel boot.iso, and the devel tree via nfs.

Hope you guys have similar luck.

Thanks to Bill Nottingham and any others at RedHat that fixed this so
quick for us.
--
matt whiteley <mattwhiteley at gmail.com>