Smaller /boot?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 13 18:31:51 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz said:
[snip]
> I don't know what Alan may have worked on, but there is an ongoing
> project called RULE (Run Up2date Linux Everywhere) which was able to
> provide (via a custom installer)
[snip]
> If there are no major objections, I'll file an RFE against Anaconda
[snip]

Not to disagree that the suggestion could be lower (just a quick look
shows my used space at ~25MB) but, a major part of the RULE project (and I
imagine other low-end focused spin-offs) is the custom installer.  If the
hardware is such that RULE is needed, changing Anaconda won't make a
difference.  Anaconda should stay focused on the "Recommended" standard,
not the "Minimum" standard.

--
William Hooper