What's up with udev?

Jon Savage jonathansavage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 14:20:54 UTC 2004

>Granted it's running in VMware, but
> it always hangs at starting udev.  I've heard bits and pieces concerning
> this, but is this an issue on a non-VMware installed version of T3?
Regular install i.e non VMware works fine on my laptop. List traffic
suggests that there are quite a few people running test 3 on laptops
fairly happily.
I suspect it may be VMware or possibly some other issue w/ your
machine. Make, model, specs would be helpful information to have, then
you could see if anyone else has experienced that issue.
Bests

Jon