The Synaptics Touchpad Drivers in Fedora Core 3t3

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 22 15:52:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 04:43, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 20:13 -0400, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 06:42:15PM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> > >       Today, I just upgraded from Fedora Core 2 to Fedora Core 3t3.  I have a
> > > Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop.  After the installation, I noticed that there is
> > > support for the Synaptics Touchpad but I am not sure how to configure it.
> >
> > Try this:
> >

> Update rhpl and system-config-display to latest in rawhide first, but
> essentially yes this should work:
>
> > system-config-display --reconfig

This isn't actually supposed to let me set what features to use on the
touchpad, is it? I mean, after doing this, I get tap-to-click, edge
scrolling and working scroll buttons ('mouse wheel' equivalent).
However, not everyone wants all the features - e.g. i've been
considering whether it wouldn't be more convenient to use the scroll
buttons as middle mouse button since I can just use edge-scroll instead,
and I know some people who absolutely detest tap-to-click (although I
personally hate using a touchpad without it). So some kind of
feature-configuration interface would certainly be nice. (I guess it
would best be integrated in system-config-mouse?) FC4 material in all
likelihood, thanks a lot for getting the touchpads working sanely in any
case!

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University