Updating 3

Diahron Grismore diahron at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 23 19:28:20 UTC 2004

All went well. A little puzzling is that I selected packages and it
appeared that the ones I selected was not updated, but the ones I did
not select were. In either case it went through the update without any
problems. Here's the list that it gave back to me:
The Red Hat Update Agent has finished installing
 the following packages successfully:
 kernel-2.6.9-1.640
kernel-utils-2.4-13.1.39
a2ps-4.13b-41
ImageMagick-6.0.7.1-4
NetworkManager-0.3.1-1
NetworkManager-gnome-0.3.1-1
SDL-1.2.7-8
SDL-devel-1.2.7-8
SDL_image-1.2.3-6
SDL_image-devel-1.2.3-6
SDL_mixer-1.2.5-4
SDL_mixer-devel-1.2.5-4
dialog-1.0.20040731-3
dos2unix-3.1-21
howl-0.9.6-6
howl-libs-0.9.6-6
nautilus-2.8.1-4
nautilus-cd-burner-2.8.3-6
nautilus-media-0.8.1-3
openoffice.org-1.1.2-10
openoffice.org-libs-1.1.2-10
pango-1.6.0-7
pango-devel-1.6.0-7
pcmcia-cs-3.2.7-1.14
sound-juicer-0.5.14-1
speex-1.0.4-4
tetex-2.0.2-21
tetex-dvips-2.0.2-21
tetex-fonts-2.0.2-21
tetex-latex-2.0.2-21
unix2dos-2.2-24
vino-2.8.1-1
vixie-cron-4.1-19
vnc-server-4.0-8
mkinitrd-4.1.18-1
I did not reboot. I ran up2date again to see the remainding packages,
there is quite a few. Since we are testing, I decided to just download
all the remaining packages at this time before rebooting. This is
probably a bad thing to do.
Everything is working fine so far. After all of the updates finish, I'll
save the list and reboot to find out the consequences of my deeds and
what blows up!  I'll be using the lastest kernel-2.6.9-1.640 when I
return, so I'll report on that and what ever else.
Hope I am being of help and not a nuisance. Thanks for all the help
guys, you are the greatest!!!