warning to list

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 04:12:50 UTC 2004

Andrew Farris wrote:

> Which is chiefly why you're supposed to keep it off critical systems..
> that and the not-so-rare its-completely-borked-again occurrences.  It
> would certainly be nice to have them all come signed however.

A "non-critical" trojaned system can still create a lot of havoc on a
network.

<rant>
I must admit that I don't understand why its even *possible* for an
unsigned package to make its way into any official up2date repository.
Common sense would seem to dictate the use of some type of simple script
to move packages from a "staging" directory into the repository; signing
the package should be part of this process, not something that Red Hat
developers have to do manually.
</rant>

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net