IPv6

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Oct 30 18:51:10 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 14:24 +0200, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> It would probably be useful to include a global 'disable/enable IPv6'
> option in the installer.

In theory, placing "NETWORKING_IPV6=no" in /etc/sysconfig/network should
disable IPv6 and is documented by the initscripts docs as being the
"correct" way to do it. However, it does not work, since apparently
there is some code somewhere that does not check for this variable and
loads the IPv6 module anyway.

However, I did file Bug #125587 on this issue (originally against FC2,
on June 8th), and I have not seen any action taken on it. At the very
least, I think that adding that line to the file would have been an easy
change to make; then debugging why it does not have the desired effect
could have been performed later.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>