Problem with USB flashdisk (used to work) and kernel dump on reboot

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Sat Oct 2 02:43:49 UTC 2004

I'm getting some problems after all the recent development updates.

1) My usb flashdisk will no longer mount (it works in other computers
and it used to work before the updates), it reports:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
       or too many mounted file systems

2) When I try to reboot the kernel gets all the way shutdown until the
very final reboot operation and then it dumps - is there a way I can get
a log from this?  It looks like all logging has been disabled by the
time the kernel gets to this point (especially since it's already
unmounted by hard drive).

Running on an ASUS SK8N w/ an FX-53 under x86-64 mode.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.