Upgrading From Intel x86 To Athlon 64

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 2 03:34:33 UTC 2004

I'm almost ready to attempt booting my new Athlon 64 3500+ system. This
is on an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard. I've been using Fedora Core
2 (x86 version) on my old Intel system and want to move it onto the new
motherboard and upgrade to Fedora Core 2 (x86_64 version). Has anyone
done this? Will it work?

The motherboard has 4 SATA connectors, and I'm thinking of getting an
PATA-to-SATA adapter and using the SATA1 connector for the Fedora Core
drive. Will using SATA cause problems at installation time?

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA