yum 2.1.4-1 broken?

Robert Couture rpa4email at rogers.com
Sun Oct 3 15:16:30 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-10 at 13:41 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> I've looked through the downloadheader code and there are no calls to
> sys.exit anywhere near it.

Here's an interesting update.  Following another's suggestion, I
switched to kernel.org's mirror, and the problem goes away.

A noted behaviour of the default mirror I have observed is that it
"stutters"  It will stop during downloads.  The stop can be as little as
a second or as long as permanent (based on waiting over 10 minutes to
resume and getting impatient. ;)  Occasionally, yum errors out.

I am wondering if that may be the source of the problem??  This
"stuttering" is not observed when using kernel.org's mirror.

Just a thought ...

Rob.