Am I going mad?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 17:00:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:39:37 +0100, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My laptop has the 590 kernel on, this box has 584 on and currently on
> the FC ftp site, it's on 581!
>
> What gives?

Kernels have shown up in the development tree and then reverted back
to older versions. This sort of thing happens from time to time, and
not just to the kernel package. Packages in the development tree can
NOT be assumed to be monotonically increasing. Its very important that
you watch the daily update reports closely to see if a package has
been reverted to a lower version number so you can take appropriate
manual action locally.
541 is the currently available development kernel.

> Also, why can't I download and install RealPlayer? It was on the update
> list a few days back.

Again take a look at the build reports for the development tree  in
the fedora-devel-list. You will se that Realplayer inclusion into the
tree was a mistake, and that it was removed from the tree on the same
day that it was accidently included.

For future reference you want to look for post to the
fedora-devel-list with Subject:
rawhide report: <date> changes

-jef"and yes you are going mad"spaleta