Fedora Core 3 and Nforce3 Chipset Support

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 4 00:28:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 10:02 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 14:04 +0800, Mazli Alias wrote:
> > Robert L Cochran wrote:
> >

> > What's your motherboard? I'm using K8Neo Platinum withMarvell 88E1111
> > 1000Mbps..both the Eth and sound works from initial install.
> >
> I'm using the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with the Nforce3 Ultra chipset. I
> have both the Marvell and the Realtek 1000Mbps NIC's onboard.
>
> Perhaps I need to retry the install and investigate more closely.

Well, it all turned out to be quite simple. I have dual onboard NIC's.
My ethernet cable was plugged into the top one which was not the Realtek
8110S and seemed to confuse the installer. I put my ethernet wire in the
Realtek plug, took the trouble to download the FC3-test2-x86_64 CD's,
pointed the installer at my NFS directory and enjoyed my fastest install
ever. It just tore through all those packages in what feels like under
30 minutes.

I'm now updating a huge bunch of packages.

Bob