Yum repositories

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Oct 4 14:59:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 10:52, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> But idealy, in the end, yum should be "the" tool - with some GUI
> frontend (something like synaptic, please :) ), right? And then, up2date
> should be obsoleted?

 I can't speak to this. I don't know the plans red hat has for fedora
core or their updating tools.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure red hat knows the answer to that
question either.

There is a great deal of ambivalence and ambiguity toward packaging
systems and package management utilities at red hat, from my experience
with people who work there.

-sv