FC2 printer question.

Robert Cahn robertcahn at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:58:02 UTC 2004

I'm trying to configure an old Canon bj-200ex printer.  When I use system-config-printer and
specify Locally-connected printer the ap can't see the printer which is attached to the parallel
port.  Eventually I specify /dev/lp0 (or /dev/parport0) by handand continue with the installation but
I'm unable to print to the printer.  Is there any way of testing that the port is working at
a very low level before I spend more time with the installation?  I tried cat fil.nam >/dev/lp0 but
that didn't work.

Robert Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512