FAQ, GNOME menus, first questions

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Oct 5 20:09:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 19:59 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> the .desktop's for the menu has as far as i know always lived in
> /usr/share/applications

Thanks, Kyrre... that worked like a charm. Now I'm searching for how to
associate file extensions such as DOC/XLS with an application so that I
can double-click on a file and have it open in the right app.

That used to be in File Associations in the GNOME Control Center IIRC,
but I can't find it. <grin> Many changes.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>