No Internet folder in Applications menu

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 6 11:35:37 UTC 2004

Karl-Olov Serrander wrote:
> Hi !
>
> After the change to 2 panels my mozilla icon is missing and there is
> no Internet folder under Applications. Doing "Add to panel" "Applications Launcher"
> does not list any Internet apps.
>
> Same result after logging out and clean up of gnome-files in console-window.
>
> My system is fully updated as of Oct 5 updates.
>
> Has anyone else seen this ?
>
> Regards

I am seeing this and have overcome the problem by creating a launcher on
the desktop. I type mozilla as the application and then select the
mozilla icon.
After creating the launcher on the desktop, I drag and drop the launcher
into my panel.
As obvious as not seeing the mozilla selection on the applications menu,
I thought this was intentional as to prefer firefox over mozilla.
Eliminations of launchers for majorly used applications is not
eliminating clutter, it is making the menus less useful.
A solution might be for these "unwanted" applications can be removed
from the menu from a right click option. This would cut down on the need
to trunce the menus and cut down their usability.

Jim

--
"If I have trouble installing Linux, something is wrong. Very wrong."

	- Linus Torvalds