MySQL 4

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 6 23:29:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 12:46:16AM +0200, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:

> I just question RedHat's decision to favor PHP with it's proprietary
> license over GPL licensed MySQL.

This, OTOH, I can understand.

If the MySQL guys want to change their license, fine. Their choice,
their decision.
But they get to suffer the consequences of the re-licensing.

As much as I dislike the idea of MySQL users getting caught in the
crossfire (which is pretty myuch what's happenned here), the idea
that PHP users should suffer instead is just as bad on some points
and worse on a whole lot of others.

Emmanuel