fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 27

Gordon McCague gmccague at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 03:38:05 UTC 2004

I'm experiencing the following issue when using yum for  updates:

Resolving Dependencies
Processing Dependency: /bin/runuser for package: initscripts
Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: missing dep: /bin/runuser for pkg initscripts

I created a symbolic link from /usr/bin/runuser (where it resides) to
/bin/runuser but the update still tells me that the utility is not
available. I believe runuser is part of the coreutils so I don't see
how I can re-install it. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Gordon McCague gmccague at gmail.com
http://www.gmccague.bc.ca/
p: +12508130027 f: +12508130195

"...a nation that frees itself from doubt and refuses to question its
own motives and acts can place the world in peril."
(Rose, Jacqueline. "Our Present Disillusionment," Harpers Magazine,
2004 October)