fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 27

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 10:24:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:11:25PM -0700, Gordon McCague wrote:
> Sum Set of Licenses Non-Conflicting? I've been lost in the World of
> Microsoft for a while but is it possible to arrive at that stage if
> individual companies are tacking bits and pieces to licenses?

Actually for the standard licenses it works out very well. Most licenses
don't extend beyond the code they cover or don't clash. Thats one reason
a lot of people dislike folks inventing new licenses - it complicates the
mess and makes reuse harder.

> I appreciate that this is probably not a good place for this
> discussion. Is there a reference location on the web for the GPL?
> Dummies Guide to the GPL? GPL FAQ?

www.fsf.org has a guide to free software licenses and compatibility

Alan