FC3T2 system is in an infinite loop of reboots

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sat Oct 9 16:06:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 23:22 -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 20:28 -0400, Williams Jr, Ernest L. wrote:
> > I am certainly having a problem here as well.
> >
> > I don't know how to view or edit a file at the grub prompt.
> > Can you provide an example?
>
> Now that's tough.  Can edit grub menu entries/command-lines but not, to
> my knowledge, files on disk.

====================
That  is true.  Grub does not let me write files.
I can view files and I confirmed that my inittab was not using runlevel
6.

I tried all the lower run level but could not get anywhere.

Well, here is some good news:
I was able to use the Fedora Rescue CD to recover.
Thanks to the Fedora team for the rescue CD!!!

After using the rescue CD to mount the file system, I ran the famous
"udevstart" and all is well now.  I am back to rawhide again to get in
synch.

I guess I will have to get used to seeing this udev, right?

Thanks for all who helped.