migrating to the new evolution

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 21:14:45 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 12:18 -0400, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am normally a heavy evolution user.
>
> What is the manual procedure to move an addressbook from an older
> version to the new version?
>
> I would also like to move some of my old e-mail folders into the new
> version of evolution.
>
> I used to have a directory:  $(HOME)/evolution
> Now I have: $(HOME)/.evolution

The first time you run the new Evolution it should migrate everything
for you.  Once it has done the migration it asks if you want to
automatically delete your old ${HOME}/evolution folder or would you like
to do it later yourself.

If this has not happened for you, then search back through the list for
posts by Dave Malcolm of Red Hat who described how to change a value in
GConf to force Evolution to try the migration again.

Keith.