Nautilus has gone gaga

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 11:20:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

As always, the other half logs me out and then forgets to log out
herself. I've logged her out and logged myself in.

Nautilus has gone. Totally vanished! It's listed with gnome-system-
monitor (though nautilus-throbber is missing). Restarting gnome-
settings-daemon does nothing. If nautilus controls the desktop backdrop,
that part has failed as well

If I run nautilus -c from a terminal window, it gets to running
nautilus_self_check_directory and then stops (no sort of flashing of
disc activity). nautilus --browser doesn't start anything either.

As a "Win32" test, I have done a full reset with no change observed.
Hosing the .nautilus directory does nothing either.

Any ideas on how to get nautilus working again?

TTFN

Paul
--
Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?