Which of todays upgrades can affect audio?

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 18:36:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

Now that I've got nautilus back (and just about all the other bits and
pieces), I'm trying to track down what's stopping sound coming out. All
in all, it seems that other than evolution, most of todays updates are
not good for the health!

xmss is not reporting that /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp1 are blocked and gnome-
volume-manager is not showing any audio channels as being mute, yet no
sound comes out. It's not an Alsa problem either as changing to OSS
doesn't enable sound.

TTFN

Paul
--
Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?