New kernel, should be the default

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 10 21:36:05 UTC 2004

On Oct 10, 2004 at 11:21, Scott Talbot in a soothing rage wrote:

>seems to me that those who don't want the kernel defaulted, probably
>wouldn't want it downloaded either and could, therefore, make use of the
>(yum) --exclude=kernel option or up2date's packages to skip feature.
>That way we each get what we want.
In my case you are totally wrong. I want the kernel dl'd, installed
but not defaulted to. When I reboot and determine that I like the
kernel, I can make the necessary adjustments to grub myself.

N.Emile...
That must be wonderful: I don't understand it at all.
		-- Moliere
17:33:51  up 104 days, 10:48,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00