After rebooting FCt2 /etcfstab is restored

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 00:29:32 UTC 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:20:33 -0600, Michal Jaegermann
<michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> That would be nice but so far my experiments do not confirm that.
> I mean that entries you mention indeed were not touched.  The
> problem is that new entries, referencing the same devices but
> with a higher numbered mount points showed up.  Not so great.

There is a clear lack of communication going on. I did a quick search
in bugzilla against hal and I'm not seeing anything like this
reported. I could have missed a bugreport, my bugzilla-foo isnt
perfect. But if this isn't filed you need to file a bug, with before
and after
/etc/fstab attached to show whats going on that you think is a problem.

> As I understand that this is still in flux I am still waiting
> how this really end up before starting specific complaints.

I think your previous post was full of enough malicious intent for the
next 10 years. So how about isntead of complaining, or  assuming the
developers are working against what you want to do... how about you
file a contructive bug report that details the problem as concretely
as possible.  If you wait too long to report the problem, you'll won't
see it fixed...and you'll have only yourself to blame.

-jef