Stupied network - Why can't it be friendly?

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 18:56:35 UTC 2004

>Then when I attach the cable I want it to startup the network without
>me suing to root and running "service network restart"?

Actually, you can do something different to get the same effect. You can set the
network interfaces not be started on boot. Then use the netplugd program to start
the interfaces when the cable is plugged in and stop them when its pulled out.
You need to do a little configuring, but it should automagically start and stop
interfaces for you.

-Steve Grubb