Getting started questions...

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:53:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:10:02 -0400, Neil B. Cohen <nbc at cisco.com> wrote:
> 3) I also tried 'yum update' and it just crashed - again, what should
> the config file for yum look like?

Just crashed? Or just errored out? There are a number of reason why
yum might not finish as you would expect, but they aren't necessarily
"crashes." Without more descriptive information I can't tell you if
what you are seeing is an unreported problem or a reported problem or
or just poor configuration.

What should the yum.conf file look like for you is not something that
can be easily answered. The default configured server might not be the
best choice for you, due to your location or the server's high load at
time. You might find it better to choose a mirror from the mirror list
in the test3 annoucement text and reconfigure yum.conf accordingly.

-jef