Desktop Development Specialization

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Tue Oct 12 20:46:31 UTC 2004

Seems like a bad idea.

Why?

- Many people use both
- Many people (most?) mix qt and gtk apps happily. Personally i love my
gnome, but i also like kde programs such as konqueror, kompare, etc.
- Many systems has users with different opinions

Besides, it would be a waste of resources an split the distro in two.

I am seeing a greater and greater amount of kde/gnome trolling on the
lists these days. Why? Gnome/kde is getting tighther and tighther
technically - mixing apps between them is absolutely no problem, and
that is a Good Thing.