Smaller /boot?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Oct 12 22:26:30 UTC 2004

Hey,

I've consistently noticed that stock Fedora kernels take up barely 3MB
or 4MB of space in /boot, and of course the majority of users will not
have more than 3-4 kernels (if that) installed.

I can see projecting a necessity for 20MB or so in /boot, and as a huge
stretch I can see recommending 50MB so the user never runs out of space.
However, I wonder why the recommended size for /boot then is 100MB, and
why Anaconda warns the user if /boot is any smaller than 80MB.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Or should I perhaps file an
RFE to suggest that the recommendation and the warning level be set to
smaller numbers?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>