New kernel, should be the default

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 12 23:11:58 UTC 2004

On Oct 12, 2004 at 16:43, Rodolfo J. Paiz in a soothing rage wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 06:12 -0400, ne... wrote:
>> On Oct 10, 2004 at 17:30, Rodolfo J. Paiz in a soothing rage wrote:

[...]
>> >I understand your preference but believe that you are in a small
>> >minority. I think the majority of users are "protected" enough by having
>> >to specifically request that the kernel be updated instead of skipped,
>> >
>> You naturally have the figures to back this up?
>>

>I apologize if the words "think" and "believe" were not clear enough,
>but I could have sworn they were pretty obvious. I don't have, and will
>bet money that you don't have, any statistics to back up my thoughts on
>this.
No need to apologize. I am seriously looking for figures to
go with a lot of the positions held here, both for and against.
Not for the sake of arguing, but to really see the concrete
figures about the views people hold.

>But I *also* think that you are only looking at this in terms of what
>*you* want or prefer, based on the kind of user you are, and that you
>are not considering the best possible result for the Fedora users
>community as a whole.
Without really having any demographic data to back up my position,
it is hard to argue it. But likewise, the converse is true. I also
feel that what may be considered the minority view also has to be
heard. This leads to better decisions being made.

N.Emile...
The bug starts here.
18:57:13  up 106 days, 12:11,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00