Option for installing Mozilla ?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 13 00:57:03 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 08:04:01PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Same problem here with 2-4 and rescue CD failing the mediacheck. I used
>>the discs to install on three different computers and only had one error
>>regarding CD 3 and a file being corrupted. I burned another set because
>>of the media failure and inserted the duplicate to get past that error.
>

> The CD's need to be burned with 150K or more of padding on the end or
> ide-scsi used for mediacheck. Known upstream corner case with some CD
> drives in 2.6.x.
>
> Alan

Thanks Alan for the explanation again. I recall an earlier mention of
this topic. (another list or this list)

It seems that of all the CD drives that I ran a mediacheck on, all had
this particular media failure. (A laptop, industrial computer and two
desktops). The puzzling factor was disc 1 passing mediacheck and the
others failing.

The discs were all burned using nautilus-cd-burner. I tried k3b but it
bombed midway through two different disk creation attempts. (buffer, use
slower speed)

different ways that CDs could be burned.

Jim