FC3T2 I2O support installation t bug

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 01:34:47 UTC 2004

Hi Warren,

 --- Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Michael Mansour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I decided to try the I2O support in FC3T2, since I
> > currently run FC1 on that machine and trying to
> > upgrade to FC2 fails on that server (can't detect
> > disks from installation), and as I've just found
> out,
> > so does FC3T2.
> >
> > I've read the material on:
> >
> > http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/fedora.php
> >
> > and they claim that they do not know of any issues
> > with the driver and kernel used on the
> installation
> > process of FC3T2.
> >
> > The following is my problem.
> >
> > I have an Adaptec I2O SCSI RAID Controller
> > BIOS V001.62 (2002/11/16)
> > Model 2010S Revision 3B05
> > 32Mb of RAM
> >
> > Booting the FC3T2 CD, I select to add additional
> > drivers and select the "I2O block" driver from the
> > list.
>
> AFAIK manually choosing the I2O block driver from
> the menu should no
> longer be needed.  It sounds to me like your I2O
> card has some PCI ID
> that the kernel module does not know about.  Can you
> please provide the
> lspci -v and lspci -n?
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

My appologies for not getting back to you earlier on
this, I lost this email and only found it again
through a search in my inbox.

I'd love to run these commands and provide you with
the output. How do you suggest I do this? remember I
can't install FC2 or above on this machine, can I run
the commands in a rescue mode off the FC3T2 cd?

Worst case I can grab the FC1 rescue CD I have and
boot it on that server (FC1 detects that controller
without any issues), and post it here for you?

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com