Fedora Core 3 Test 3 available

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Wed Oct 13 13:10:01 UTC 2004

ons, 13.10.2004 kl. 02.27 skrev Rodolfo J. Paiz:
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 17:16 -0700, Tom Mitchell wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:46:28PM +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> > > If you dont want to "waste" 4 cd's, just grab the iso's, put'em on disk
> > > of another Linux box, and share them over NFS.
> >
> > I would second this.  It also appears faster by a Lot
> > over a local link.  If nothing else there is no interruption
> > to change discs.
> >

> I'm much happier with this as well, although I serve up the downloaded
> stuff via FTP rather than NFS. Lots less work, IMHO, especially for the
> people who've never previously needed NFS and for whom it would be just
> one more thing to learn and work on.

Of cource. I have nfs running on my homedir of my main pc - so that i
can grab doc's etc from my laptop. So putting the images there was a lot
easyer. Besides - HD install wasn't really the best idea when the target
was my 500 mhz single 10 GB drive computer.

NFS is pretty fast tough. Faster than cd, at least ;)