Thoughts on FC3T3

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Wed Oct 13 14:02:05 UTC 2004

I just did an FTP upgrade from T2 to T3 and wanted to ask a couple of
questions.  First, I did an FTP upgrade and it took no time at all.  I
was amazed at the speed in which it upgraded.  I don't use the test
versions for much more than testing the stock RPMS, it's not used for
anything other than that, so I wanted to know, assuming a stock install
of T2 (workstation install), how much would an upgrade take, total file
size?

Second, after the upgrade (which went incredibly smoothly I might add,
great job guys!), the RH alert notification icon was missing from the
system tray.  Was this an upgrade default change?  It was enabled in T2.

Third, has anyone made any judgements yet on T3's daily use stability?
I'd like to start using it on a daily basis, but don't want to fudge
anything up?  Any real serious gotchas in this release yet?

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux