Is there a movie maker tool for Fedora??

Mark Belanger mark_belanger at ltx.com
Wed Oct 13 20:19:14 UTC 2004

Williams Jr, Ernest L. wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a movie-maker type tool that will allow us to create a little movie (i.e. mpeg)?
>
>For example, I would like to create a 10 second clip of the xclock application.
>
>So just as there is a ksnapshot is there something like a kmoviemaker out there?

I've never used it myself, but you might try vnc2swf:
http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/

      What's It?

Vnc2swf is a screen recording tool for X-Window (X11), Windows and Mac
OS Desktop. Vnc2swf captures the live motion of a screen through VNC
protocol <http://www.realvnc.com/> and converts it a Macromedia
Flash(TM) <http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/> movie (.swf).

-Mark