FC3T2 I2O support installation t bug

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 23:31:52 UTC 2004

Hi Jarod,

 --- Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> since
> trying to
> detect
> found

> > > Likewise, and still no dice...
> [snip]
> > > I've also got an Adaptec card for which the i2o
> > > block driver
> > > auto-loads, but no drives are ever found, in
> either
> > > the RHEL4b1
> > > installer or FC3t3 installer.
> > >
> > > Adaptec 2100S, BIOS 1.62, 128MB cache, 4x36G
> drives
> > > set up as a RAID-5
> > > array. I saw mention of a patch missing from
> FC3t2
> > > to support 128MB
> > > cache cards, which was supposedly going to make
> it
> > > into t3, but I
> > > haven't followed closely what the status is on
> > > that...
> [snip]
> > While chatting about this, I decided to goto the
> > website (supermicro) to look for firmware updates
> for
> > the Adaptec card. Since that card is specifically
> for
> > that supermicro board, I found an update for it
> and
> > will look at applying it sometime in the future
> after
> > posting my "lspci" output here first.
>
> Is yours an on-board solution on a SuperMicro
> motherboard? Mine is a
> stand-alone PCI card, no firmware to be had on their
> site.

No it's not onboard, it's a separate card but is one
of the only cards that the supermicro motherboard
uses. It has a specific onboard PCI slot for that
specific card.

Here is what I have:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/GC-HE/P4QH8.cfm

On that link look under "On-board devices -> RAID"
where you'll see the following:

"Support for Zero-Channel RAID w/ Adaptec 2010S ZCR
Card (Card NOT included)"

It's a separate card but the m/b has specific support
for it. The server is a quad xeon with 4Gb RAM.

> > You think a firmware update may make the
> difference?
> > maybe you can do that on your board and post here
> how
> > it goes?
>
> I was running an older firmware when I started down
> this road, and recently
> flashed it up to the latest I could find on
> Adaptec's web site (1.62), still
> no dice. I don't think I should need anything newer
> than what's on the
> manufacturer's web site, especially for a card that
> is a few years old...

On that Supermicro site there is the firmware 1.63 for
that Adaptec 2010 card. I'll be upgrading the firmware
on that card as soon as I have time and will then try
FC3T2/3 again and report results to you here.

If you discover anything in the mean time, please let
us know also.

Regards,

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com