Updated to FC2 from Redhat 9.0 and now I do not have POP service

TheCajun durwin at thedelarues.com
Thu Oct 14 00:18:09 UTC 2004

I need help.  Everything was working under Redhat 9.0.  I used fetchmail
to get mail from ISP, procmail to parse it out to user mail boxes.  Then
we would use Windows mail client to get the mail off linux machine.
After the update I discovered I lost my pop server and a bit of research
said to use Cyrus.  I found out how to start it then started getting
authentication errors from Windows mail clients.  I can't find out how
to tell Cyrus to authenticate with already existing users.

BTW, by using Cyrus, does this mean the mail files have moved?  In
Redhat 9.0 they were in /var/mail.  Also what Linux mail client can I
use now with Cyrus?  (from console),  I use to use pine, now thats gone
also.

I sure hope someone has a fast easy answer.  Other wise I restore my
saved Redhat 9.0

Best Regards,

Durwin