Installing the " ç " in the U.S International Keyboard in Fedora Core 3

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Oct 14 15:20:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 08:21 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> That seems correct.
>
> C` and C' are the accents
> No C" or C~
> C, is bound
> C( is bound (copyright)
> C/ is bound

I'm afraid I don't understand the notation you used, so it is hard to
comment. However, historically I have used a system language of English
and a "U.S. International" keyboard layout (us-acentos) and the French
cedilla has always been accessible by using the single-quote dead key
followed by the "c". This no longer works; instead, you get a c with an
acute accent.

I am not aware of any language with an acute-accented "c" but there may
well be one. So if the change was deliberate and intended to serve
another language, how do we now type a cedilla? If not, I guess this is
a bug... although to be honest, changing something that has been around
so long and is in such common usage sure as hell feels like a bug to me.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>