FC3-Test3 + NVIDIA-6111 driver

Hardy Merrill hmerrill123 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 17:43:05 UTC 2004

Comments below.

--- Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 09:27 -0700, Hardy Merrill
> wrote:
> > Good info, but even this sounds like a hack.
> >

> well, its a work-around.
>
> > Can we expect a "standard" fix to this issue at
> some
> > point?  I only took a quick look at Harald's udev
> info
> > - is Harald's "udev" stuff *the* standard fix, or
> will
> > there be something else upcoming that is more
> > standard?
> >

> A "standard" fix to which issue? You seem to be
> talking about the udev
> device module handling changes, right?

A standard fix to the problem of the boot hanging when
trying to bring up X after the NVidia driver is
installed.  The udev stuff is a workaround for this
isn't it?  I could be wrong - I really haven't read
much of it yet.

Hardy

http://gentoo.kems.net/gentoo-x86-portage/media-video/nvidia-kernel/files/1.