Fedora 3 Test 3

James W. Bennett silverhead at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 23:16:51 UTC 2004

It has become apparent to me if the grub boot loader does not get
properly installed  you really have a big problem.  Since the kernel is
too big to fit on a floppy you have no choice but to  do a 'linux
rescue'. On test 3,  linux rescue will not work to install grub
manually. Because of udev, the dev directory is not loaded  during linux
rescue.  The block devices are not mounted.  I hope this will be fixed
before the final release.  I would like during installation to  have the
ability to write the grub  boot loader to a floppy. This would be a
great feature.