CD not found when trying to add apps in FC3 Test 3

Bryce Hardy cygnia at sonic.net
Sat Oct 16 15:29:31 UTC 2004

Brian Craft wrote:

> This may or may not be a known issue........but when I run the
> Add/Remove Applications app from the Gnome Menu/System Settings in FC3
> Test 3, I select the apps I want to add and it asks for CD2.  I put the
> CD in and click OK, but it error's out saying it can't find the CD.
>
> Now I can click on the Desktop icon on my desktop and view the contents
> of the CD just fine.  It appears to be a problem with the System-Config-
> Packages  utility.......or something along that line.
>
> Anyone else have this problem.........?
>
> btw......I just updated to the latest System-Config-Packages and it
> didn't help.

I mentioned this the other day in another thread; when this happened to
me, I simply had to wait until hearing the little whirring sound from
the drive, or else had to click the OKs twice while the CD loaded after
putting it into the drive. This worked for me, but the other guy
insisted it didn't for him, so your mileage may vary. Try it and see.

--
Bryce Hardy (Santa Rosa, CA USA)
cygnia at sonic.net