Kernel Panic on JFS install of test 3

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat Oct 16 18:28:45 UTC 2004

I've just tried to install test 3 on my system here using JFS (to check
if an old JFS crashing bug was fixed - bug number 122603) and found
other bug...
The install now works fine , but upon reboot , the system fails to
boot.. the messages I get are these:
<snipped a lot of normal kernel output>
Creating root device
mkrootdev: label /1 not found
Mounting root filesystem
mount: error 2 mounting jfs
mount: error 2 mounting none
Switching to new root
switchroot: mount failed: 22
umount /initrd/dev failed: 2

Any idea on what is going on and how to fix this? I'll try later to
mount and chroot to the partition and do a yum upgrade there to see if
it was fixed already...  Gotta test a bit more before putting this in
bugzilla...

--
Pedro Macedo