Giving the console the same permissions as an X session

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 19:11:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

To enable all users on my office box access to audio, I need to alter
the console permissions to be the same as the X session permissions
(usually as I have something running on a console which would mean that
me as a user would still have the control over the audio device).

How do I do this?

Basically, if I log into an X session and a couple of console sessions,
then I have control over the audio devices. If I logout of X, but still
am logged into the tty sessions, then I still have control over audio
which annoys the wife. What I need to do is have it so if someone logs
into X, they gain the control instead of me still being in as a console
user.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Det. Sledgehammer