Slow response from Fedora

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 16:59:26 UTC 2004

I've only upgraded to FC3 test3 (from FC3 test2) yesterday, but I'm
fully caught up with up2date. I'm noticing a problem with nautilus
that may or may not be new. (I normally use the shell prompt to
delete, move and copy files.) Nautilus, and File Browser, take a
minute or more to respond to deletes.

* Open your home directory
* click on a file
* press the delete key
* Nautilus and file browser are unresponsive for a minute or more.

Eventually, the file *is* deleted, though, since it doesn't seem to be
the same problem already noted in Bugzilla (needing to press the
delete key twice). Anyone else seeing this?