Fedora Core 3 Test 3 problem

Hardy Merrill hmerrill123 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 14:28:03 UTC 2004

I'm on Fedora Core 3 Test 3, and having a problem
getting ipw2200 driver to work.  I followed the
instructions for installing the driver (using 'make
install') and extracted the firmware files to
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware, then rebooted - kudzu found
my wireless card and I configured with dhcp.  lsmod
lists ipw2200 and the other (3) ieee 802 modules.  But
when I bring up gnome Network Manager and try to
activate eth1, I get this error message:

   ipw2200 device eth1 does not seem to be present,
   delaying initialization

I've have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with ipw2200 card
and a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router.

On the AP I've turned off WEP and have disabled the
broadcast of the ESSID.

Anyone know why this isn't working, or what I should
try next??

TIA.

Hardy Merrill