FC3 Test 3 - x86_64 - upgrade from Test2 via NFS -> anaconda crashes

Davide Rossetti davide.rossetti at roma1.infn.it
Mon Oct 18 18:29:36 UTC 2004

Today I tried to upgrade to Test3 from Test2 on x86_64. install is via nfs.
anaconda crashes after selection on the upgrade partition. the python
crash dump is long but ends with some error from a Device Mapper wrapper
class. Anyway DM is not used in my setup.

If necessary, I can write down the dump or try to find some old and
error-less floppy around.

setup is: I have a Core1-i386 on hda2 and Core2-Test2 on hda5. with
/boot, /home1, /home2 and swap shared. the error triggers after
selecting to upgrade hda5.

regards